Woodland Presbyterian Church is a family of believers committed to worshiping, loving and serving the Lord. We are reformed evangelicals who seek to grow in the gospel and have our lives shaped by the doctrines of grace. We hope that our leadership, growth and mission are crafted by His word, shaped in prayer, and delivered by His providence.
Woodland was founded in 1958, and by God’s grace, has been able to maintain a gospel witness to the city of New Orleans for several generations. Throughout our more than fifty years we have been able to hold to certain bedrock principles to the magnification of God’s glory:
- A Presbyterian church standing squarely in the reformed-confessional tradition being governed by elders.
- A worshiping church, joyfully seeking to honor and cherish our God as He reveals himself in Holy Scripture.
- An evangelical church, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and holding to the full authority of the Bible as the Word of God in all its parts, without error in all it teaches, the only infallible rule of faith and practice. Because of our desire to remain faithful to the Scriptures, Woodland voted to join the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) denomination in 2008.
- A family of faith, aiming to become a fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ in which all who trust Jesus can find a spiritual home.
- A witnessing church, calling people to trust in Jesus Christ and seeking to maintain a gospel testimony in our city and to the rest of the world.
- A ministering church, serving people and meeting human needs in the name of Christ.
New To Woodland?
We would love to worship with you this Sunday. Sunday worship is the highlight of our week. Life at Woodland is built upon our enjoying and knowing the presence of God together. We warmly invite you to join us.
Learn More →
Early Learning Center
The Early Learning Center (ELC) has operated for over 40 years and is well respected throughout the Greater New Orleans area.
Learn More →
Connect with Us
Subscribe to our E-NewsletterOnline Giving